Antonov 225 "Mriya" DESTROYED

A SERIES ON UKRAINIAN AVIATION - 1

What is the Ukrainian Aviation Series? This is a multi-part series on the aviation situation on the Russo-Ukrainian War. This is today’s series on the Antonov 225 “Mriya”.

In a Recent Tweet from the Ukrainian Government, the speculation is true, that the Antonov 225 Mriya, the Biggest aircraft in the world is now destroyed by Russian missiles that hit the airport.

WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?

The Antonov 225 Mriya is the only example in the world, and we just lost the aircraft that can carry many things without trouble, which means the technical marvel is no more.

8 Likes

They said they will rebuild it.

I don’t think it matters a lot though. More important stuff happening in the war.

4 Likes

Well, What’s the biggest plane for now is the question.

2 Likes

A380 probably

2 Likes

Well, technically there’s a lot to it tbh. Like Length that’s the 77X. Width, Idk.
But I guess the A380 is the biggest for now.

1 Like

for width i think it’s this plane called Stratolaunch

but the A380 I think is biggest in volume

1 Like

Length? Boeing 777-9 (or 747-8, depending if you are counting in service or just has flown)

Width and MTOW? Stratolaunch

3 Likes

Isn’t the largest plane the C-5 now?

1 Like

Is the largest plane the 747-8? Because the C-5 is exactly the same size (actually 1m shorter and with a wingspan also 1m shorter)

Huh
C-5 looks a lot bigger than the 748

1 Like

Hughes H-4 Spruce Goose. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Stratolaunch go brrr

1 Like

Hindenburg for the win.

Largest flying machine to date.

Graf Zeppelin in 2nd.

nice portuguese thingy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.