American Eagle CRJ-700 Main cabin Extra/First Class review PHX-SGU-DFW

Hello everyone!
Its been awhile since ive posted and awhile since I took this flight but ive been wanting to share this experience with you for awhile and ive been so busy.

Flight details

Today well be flying from Phoenix, Arizona to Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas with a connection in Saint George, Utah on the exact same aircraft

PHX-SGU

The width was great for this 30 minute hop up to Utah, and the legroom went for days (Im 5’10"). Ive been in this seat a few times and the window placement is amazing, great for an AvGeek.

This only food served on this flight was water, and pretzels as we got unspeakable views of the Grand Canyon, flying over at only 12,000 ft. The crew did amazing making this happen and both the FAs and the Pilots were taking to the passengers and it was a grear atmosphere.

Soon we landed after a beautiful approach into the beautiful city of St George and we got out on the jetbridge that went from CRJ level to the pavement level and picked up our bags on the door to the side of the gate.

The airport is very small. It has one main gate but 2 extra open air gates, a very clean bathroom, some vending machines, and an aera with tables and a plane hanging from the ceiling. No hassle, and a very nice airport with an easy connection.

On our next leg my family would be upgrading to the first row of first class. I sat in 1A.
The seat with the first class bulkhead was a little more cramped than the MCE seat.
After the FA noticed we were back on for a 2nd run, they were even more friendly than the first leg. We had a nice talk with the pilot who was very nice and welcoming, the cockpit door was open for boarding and the pilots made the best out of it.

On this leg there was even a full meal in first class, i do not have a picture but it was nicely presented in some plastic containers in a cardboard box. The main dish was proscutti (a kind of pork) that didnt look appealing at first, but tasted absolutely amazing. There was also some fruit, chese, a jalapeño looking thing stuffed with cheese which was good, and for dessert a milk cookie. I also had a Dr. Pepper (served in a glass cup)

I was not expecting a meal because i know you dont get one DFW-PHX direct, but this more than satisfied my expectations and kept me full for the flight

The IFE was really out the window on this flight with the amazing views of the Grand Canyon, Colorado river, and New Mexico. I did not try AAs provided inflight streaming. But the outside made up for that.

Unfortunately we landed in Dallas with a very smooth landing that the pilot told us was done by thr captain. The SGU landing was by the FO and still smooth.
It was a very beautiful flight and a great way to end a day that unfortunately the day prior our direct flight got canceled. I am not deducting any points for that because this flight was operated by SkyWest and had no control over our canceled flight the day prior.

Departure Airport Experience :star::star::star::star:
1st seat :star::star::star::star::star:
1st IFE :star::star::star::star::star:
1st Food :star::star::star::star:
Connection Airport Experience :star::star::star::star::star:
2nd Seat :star::star::star::star:
2nd IFE :star::star::star::first_quarter_moon: (3 1/2)
2nd food :star::star::star::star::star:
Overall Crew :star::star::star::star::star:
Arrival Airport Experience :star::star::star::star:

Overall the crew may have made the flight feel better than what most people will rate it, but SkyWest Airlines earns a 44 ½ / 50 Stars.

Regionals > Mainline

“From now, until the next time. See you in the skies!”
-Jeb Brooks

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.