Airline Meals Debate

Hello!

So imagine this:

You took off from JFK two hours ago. The flight to LA has been hard, but you live through it. Of course you would’ve gotten a burger and fries at Shake Shack before takeoff, but you were stuck in a traffic jam. Thank goodness you got on the plane in time, but the bad news is you haven’t had a bite to eat since you left the bar last evening. Even then you only got a plate of olives. You open the seat pocket, avoiding all of the gum, toenail clippings, sand, and other gunk and pull out the inflight magazine.

Headphones, no. The free ones work just fine. Blanket, why? It’s like 3000 degrees on this plane. Lotion, carried on. And why would I need lotion when it’s already humid with sweat in here, you think as you dig through the magazine.

Then you open the menu. Your mouth waters as you read the menu items over and over again. And then you look at the prices. You think, $10.95 for a ham sandwich? Heck no! You read it over and over and try to resist the temptations, but you finally cave in. You haven’t had food for over 15 hours and those bagged almonds are just not enough. The problem is, you don’t want to spend $15 over a single meal. What would you order?

For me, if I was flying on Delta, I would get a wrap. For American, I would get the cheese plate. For United, I would get a snack box.

What about you? Would you buy something (if so, please specify), eat beforehand, or starve?

1 Like

Deltaaaaa

1 Like

This situation is not applicable to me. I only fly southwest and Alaska :upside_down_face:, and virgin Atlantic. They have amazing food

3 Likes

I eat kosher food which is the same in all airlines so I can’t answer

1 Like

American just they need to add back the brio cheese

1 Like

I really like Alaska’s Unaccumpanied minor food. They gave me a Bacon Lettuce and Egg sandwich wrapped in croissant bread. Unlike most airline food it wasnt super soggy and wet it was actually relatively dry like its supposed to be. Also it wasnt smushed agains the package and it tasted fresh.

3 Likes

I forgot what it was called but I remember that I got a sandwich on an Alaska flight and it was lowkey kinda good. Its fresh and it wasnt dry at all. So good that I had to buy another one

3 Likes

Eat at the Airport and get a can of something onboard unless of course it’s long haul.

1 Like

Alaska Airlines is the best. The best American airline.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.