2022 // A Spotting Year in Review

I know we’re already weeks into 2023, but I guess I should do one of these. Each picture is my favorite picture I took in each month of the year. Thank you guys for following along this year in my spotting journey!

January:
Starting us off in the pre-season of my golf season, we hit indoors at the golf course right next to the airport. Luckily, 26L was in operation that day, and I was able to see Thank You for the first time in real life!

February
As the lighting got pretty good, I went to the airport in amazing sun to catch some windy 26L ops, I got this 717 while standing on the rocks by the pavilion! This is the last month the lighting will be good for a while

March:
My first AA special of the year goes to this beauty America West heading down to Phoenix on a cold March evening, unfortunately, this flight leaves too late to be able to see

April:
My Christmas gift in 2021 was a spotting trip with Cape Air down to ORD. Shooting through the hotel window with a camera that loves to hate me was tough, but I was able to somewhat salvage this United 77W heading off for Tokyo

May:
Golf season, no photos

June:
That day, a total of 9 different A-10s visited GRR, I was lucky enough to be out there to catch 5 of them! Here was have the 122nd wing reentering the pattern, then heading back home to Fort Wayne, Indiana

July:
Trip 1 to Dallas of this year, after a stressful travel day, and getting into DAL 4 hours late, I got this shot of Allegheny later that evening. This guy is about to land on 17C after a flight from Montreal

August:
In August I got a new camera. To honor that, this is the first plane I saw with this camera, a Delta A321 from Minneapolis, Minnesota

September:
As I moved into my 3rd season of tennis, I only got to the airport once, I at least got to see ex Delta, USA Jet MD-88 coming in from Ypsi

October:
Another trip during my tennis season, this just a few days after winning our region and moving to states! K finally caught a Southwest max, this one off for Denver, Colourado

November:
Although it might have not been the best lighting, some clouds rolled in just as this guy landed. Canyon Blue in this photo is only 3 days old! Having just entered service earlier that week, finally coming in from Chicago Midway Slamport

December:
Finally, to round out this wonderful new year of spotting is my all time favorite, Yam Dreaming coming into Dallas from Sydney, Australia.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.