World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 9)

I’m doing pretty well. How about you?

1 Like

I once landed -37 on a 737.

There was also one time where I landed -757 on a 757. Ryanair style. Except for the fact that it’s not a 737.

2 Likes

That’s my school nickname

2 Likes

@KGJT-9149 I’m getting an Escape

3 Likes

a what now?

1 Like

Ford Escape for my first car

2 Likes

1 Like

I wanted my mom’s 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 as my first car, but my dad gave it to my uncle and then scrapped it without my mom’s knowledge, let alone permission.

2 Likes

Nice. Is it the SUV style one ('00-'10), or the newer hatchback/wagon style one ('11-'18)?

2 Likes

Newer, like 14-16

2 Likes

Ah. CVT or normal auto?

2 Likes

yes it’s an AWD, that’s what my mom said on the phone

1 Like

You do know the difference, right?

1 Like

@Alec i got a question

2 Likes

I do not

1 Like

A Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is a system of belts and pulleys. They keep the car at an optimal ratio for maximum fuel efficiency at all times. This comes at the expense of power (which typically is greater at higher rpms) and the ability to pull loads or go off road. A normal automatic transmission is basically like a manual, but a computer controls shifting.

You can easily tell the difference between a CVT or an auto while inside by listening for changes in engine pitch. If you can hear the engine slow down, it’s an auto. If there is no or very limited change in sound, it’s a cvt.

1 Like

uh, the second one, I’ve ridden in her car like twice, I’ve never payed attention to it

2 Likes

haha 13 seconds devvie

1 Like

Fireworks (taken by me)

3 Likes

bb belt

2 Likes