World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 2)

Does the UN recognize Palestine? If they don’t we actually agree on something lol

1 Like

Because Israel is a small country.

1 Like

I’m sorry but if you don’t recognize Israel, I don’t recognize your country

1 Like

It may be small but it packs a punch with the strongest military in the world (arguably).

I hate exams

And the safest airport in the world.

1 Like

Well you see…pretty much Israel is “The Promised Land” for Jewish people, when the Romans invaded a while back they got pushed off of their land, afterwards Arabs came in and took the land. Then the British came in and created the mandate of Palestine, after World War Two this was then split between a Jewish part and an Arab part. After that, they have had a bunch of wars since then for the Arabs against Israel but every time Israel has won and kept their independence. Those are the basics

I know the history to heart, but the history says nothing about the hatred, just the effect of it.

So what’s the problem? Two different groups want the same territory. Arabs perspective? They have had that land ever since they took it over a while ago. Jewish Perspective? That is where they are originally from and land was originally there’s and also previously mentioned Religious area

People hate Israel because of the significance it has to do with religion
That’s why I’m glad they are one of our best allies

1 Like

Yeah West Bank belongs to Israel imo

1 Like

Great question!

In short, it comes down to targeting. The easiest victim is whichever group is the minority. If the population of World is 86% Blue and 14% Purple, it’s always going to be easier to blame Purple.

Similarly, Jews have been a sizable minority in every country they lived in until Israel existed. And now that Israel exists, Jews are finally a majority. However, even as a country, they are in the minority. There’s only one Jewish country on earth. There are over twenty Arab countries, around forty White countries, about as many African American countries, and dozens of Latin and Asian countries.

It’s sad but true. Of course, religion and the Jewish belief play a role in it as well.

1 Like

Specifically for this, an example is Jerusalem, which is the capital of Israel (some might say it is Tel Aviv…another topic though) Very religious sight for both Muslims and Jews so naturally, you want the religious area for yourself. Except, two opppising sides think the same thing

Sad but unfortunetly true

This is actually not true at all. The Jewish People are from Egypt, I actually had to read the haftarah portion Parashat Bo this weekend, and it tells the story of the creation of the Jewish civilization after they left Egypt, it was established somewhere near the Suez canal, and God outlined the land to the north as the chosen land, Canaan, for the chosen people. It ends: “It was with a mighty arm that God brought the Jewish people out of Mitzrayim (Egypt), out of slavery.” and that started the Hebrew calendar and the Jewish/Israeli civilization.

Sorry, what I meant to say was they were there Originally before the Arabs, not that is where they are from

While I appreciate the discussion and interest, it would be best to move this to a PM to respect all users’ views. Feel free to add me to the PM. :slight_smile:

Anyway, how is everyone?

Yes thank god

Good and u