Which simulators can my laptop handle at a decent FPS?

i have no clue what that means explain pls

how can i tell which one it is

i got that info off google lmao

2 Likes

So your CPU should be able to handle XP. At this point it would come down to your graphics processor (card) as Alec mentioned.

3 Likes

Oh ok let me check

It’s the default I haven’t upgraded it

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure but I think it has the Iris Plus G7 integrated card @KGJT-9149 @Alec

I have no idea if that’s good tho

3 Likes

I’d say you’ve got a 50/50 shot at it being ok, as long as you don’t get to crazy with installing shaders and scenery packs. If you get XP, run the graphics settings on the lower end.

3 Likes

Ok thank you. If I get Microsft Flight Sim X will it be smoother and can I run it on higher settings?

what do u think the best sim would be for my laptop

3 Likes

Possibly, but I still wouldn’t run it very high. That graphics processor is better for less demanding programs, so I still wouldn’t go too high.

2 Likes

Can I upgrade it for a reasonable price?

1 Like

Idk how it works on an integrated processor. I know with my PC, it’s incredibly simple as it’s a separate graphics card.

2 Likes

Ok thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: I know i bothered you a lot with stoopid questions

2 Likes

You’re good. Always happy to help bring someone into PC simming.

2 Likes

WAIT!

Do the X-Plane demo

do not invest the 60 bucks yet

4 Likes

Yeah thats a rlly good idea. Thanks, ill try it out and see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d say yes. X-Plane would run rougher on higher graphics compared to FSX.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I thought. It’s a lot cheaper and I do like the ATC in the Steam Editoon.

1 Like

Try the demo for X-Plane and see how she runs if it’s :wastebasket: get FSX

2 Likes

That’s probs what I’ll do thank you for ur help

2 Likes

I have another really dubm question. So basically Turbo Boost is enabled, and I think my GHz can go upto 3.9.

I saw in this video that chnaging the amount of processors in msconfig settings can increase performance. It is defaulted to 1 but I can change it upto 8. Does this make a difference at all?

1 Like

I just got the X-Plane Demo and it runs quite well to my surprise. I might consider getting the full version

I need to learn how to use AP and fPL etc lol

2 Likes

I can teach you in VC

1 Like