Classic Aviation Debate

MD11 vs DC10 people?

I like the DC10 more, it looks better imo

I do like the winglet on the MD11 though

1 Like

DC-10 all the way

The OG. I feel like the MD-11 is just McDonnell trying to make the DC-10 it’s own and newer (since the DC-10 was the last aircraft Douglas made before the merger)

1 Like

DC-10

L-1011

MD-11

In that order

1 Like

Dang

The DC-4 had impeccable range for it’s time. Non-pressurized (for commercial use), 4,200 mi range, and a service ceiling of about 22,500ft.

2 Likes

DC-4

DC-7

1 Like

They didn’t merge with Boeing, they were sold to Boeing by parent company Rockwell

1 Like

Honestly I find it very, very fascinating. In an era with no mobile phones, TVs that barely work, it’s truly incredible that people were able to develop a technology that can carry over 30 tons from New York all the way to Zurich.

Especially considering the limited amount of tools and tech to design and manufacture the aircraft.

3 Likes

I know

I feel like today we rely too much on technology instead of building things by hand and with our own brains.

Aircraft used to last much longer than they do now. I mean the DC-3 is still flying along with Warbirds

Plus look at the B-52

2 Likes

It’s like cars. Pre-2010 vehicles last forever. Anything made after that seems to last just a few years because of all the computer stuff.

1 Like

I hate the computer crap

Especially now and the last 6 months when there are no cars at dealerships because they can’t get the chips from China

2 Likes

Honestly it’s all business. Same with phone crap.

Look at the Nokia 3310.

Then look at the new iPhones.

Somehow the Nokia lasts longer in every aspect. Durability, battery, everything lol.

They just wanna make more :dollar: by selling new phones every year.

2 Likes

I want an old Nokia. Only problem is no service provider would support it anymore.

1 Like

I want to go back to flip phones

Which are actually starting to make a come back (real ones, not that Samsung trash)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Still flying strong

1 Like

American 747s :fire:

1 Like

Handley Page H.P. 42. Beautiful aircraft if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

Hello person

2 Likes

TWA DC-1 at Grand Central Airport in Glendale, California
(Now demolished except for the old terminal building)

Today

2 Likes

That sound :drooling_face: :heart_eyes: