Spreading Positivity ❤️ | World Flying Community 2.0

Before we begin this long essay I wrote, I want to let you know that this community is still amazing. I love all of you and I would never change who you are just to make this community more calm. But, I have gotten to messages from users that I hoping for a bit of a change. So, this isn’t directed in a mean way towards anyone, this is just a general sense of how this community has been going, and the way we are redirecting it to.

Negativity. Something that has plagued this forum since it’s founding. 2020 and 2021 without a doubt have been tough years. We get it. There is negativity, there is complaining.

We are working to stop that. The WFC was created in 2020 as a place for aviation enthusiasts to come and chat all about aviation, with a freedom that was not found anywhere else. While some of that is definitely true, negativity has always found a way in. A community as strong as the WFC will not fall that way.

It has to be admitted that our moderation team has made some mistakes. Some things were not picked up on as quickly as they should have, and the off topic chat evolved in a different way then it was intended to. For that reason, we are changing. Not just who our staff is, but what we are like.

Of course, you can do as you wish in your private messages, but in the main forum, we don’t need people talking down about other people. Whether they are in this community or not, no one should feel like they are lower than you. No one should be treated with disrespect, to the point that they have to message us. We have never and will never stand for that.

This community will take in a positive attitude, a way for aviation enthusiasts to interact, but also feel relaxed. People shouldn’t have to be sweating while other people are typing just because they are scared of them. This community will always be a place for people to have a good time. However, we have to keep in mind that other people are reading.

Things on the Internet can be passed very easy with a quick screenshot. People see this. We will not be talking down about people anymore in public topics. In private messages, I encourage you to be responsible, but we won’t be moderating those (to an extent.)

We have each other. We are here for you, and as we undergo changes for 2022, we invite you to celebrate the new year with us. Not only is this year going to be more positive, it will also be more fun. Especially with the WFC getting a new look.

So, about positivity! We are going to be encouraging a most positive environment around the WFC. Our new moderation team will be smaller, but we are going to be encouraging a new, more fun environment like no other community.

We aren’t going to get mad at other people anymore, instead we will learn and grow together, with each other. We will encourage a positive environment and have fun together. No negativity.

I’m excited to see this community turn into a place not where we are bashing other people that may not be here, but a place where we can talk about our lives, talk about what we’re doing, and help each other out in situations where we may need it. Of course there’s always hurdles to jump in life. Life isn’t always as smooth as a babies skin, it’s more of a 15 year olds face covered in acne. Bumpy and rough.

We aren’t going to prohibit you from talking about things that are going on in your life, struggles you may have, but we do want to step down from talking about people, or bashing things that are in your past.

With this full redesign, we are calling it WFC 2.0. We are redesigning the structure of how this place operates, as well as some other details. If you missed it, this video from late night with the moderators may answer some questions.

Again, we love you all, and can’t wait to enter this new journey of the WFC with you. :heart::heart::heart:

22 Likes

Luv you WFC :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

drops into the replies

leaves 4 pounds (1.81kg for you non-Americans) of positivity

does not elaborate

logs off

3 Likes

Weird numbered intensifying

And 4 pounds isn’t enough. We need 25 times that :slight_smile:

1 Like

budget cuts

there’ll be more tomorrow

3 Likes

Budget cuts like how united can’t provide a glass cup for a year and a half. Make sense.

3 Likes

This place is spectacular. In order to keep it such a spectacular place everyone having a positive attitude to each other is most important!
Very well said Zac.

Cheers to 2022!!

1 Like

Nah, supply chain issues

1 Like

Noice topic noice attitude noicely said @CaptainZac

2 Likes

2022 will be positive! I can feel it. I can’t wait for WFC2!

3 Likes

Better than Delta offering a snack box in business class on transcontinental flights.

Lots of 2’s next year, remind me on February 22nd, 2022 at 22:22:22 when we are on WFC2!

3 Likes

Can’t be negative if I’m hardly active to begin with :sunglasses: not something to be proud about, I know. Changing that could be my New Year’s Resolution, no?

4 Likes

It could :eyes:

2 Likes

good topic @CaptainZac

1 Like

Ooh I like this. In the video isn’t it “peeled” tho

2 Likes

I wondered the same lmao

1 Like