PC Flight Simmers...Help... PLEASE

Hey folks, I’m looking into getting a PC to fly MSF2020 and X-plane 11, any suggestions, I’m looking at a price range of $800-$1200, thanks!

4 Likes

Buy NASA Super Computer

2 Likes

Get the laptop I have, it’s a ROG G14 (runs like 1200 bucks)

Runs great on medium/high settings

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-512gb-ssd/6466255.p?skuId=6466255

3 Likes

why not a laptop

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know, we’re looking into it

4 Likes

Not that reply😭

Tbh, I have Microsoft flight simulator on a better laptop then Alec, It doesn’t run Very well. I’d only recommend it for Xplane.

5 Likes

Mine runs well, idk what you are talking about

Maybe you have higher standards

Imo 35-40 frames is good

That’s what I get (X-Plane)

When I played MSFS I got like 30-35

3 Likes

If you are willing to spend an extra $100 over your budget, Digital Storm has some great budget PC builds, one being the Lynx. This price exludes the accessories though that you need, (Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, etc)

It’s basically my PC but the GPU is downgraded by a super tiny difference. Should get around 30 on the frames when running something like XP11.

https://www.digitalstorm.com/lynx.asp

3 Likes

I got a lenovo legion 5 gaming laptop for $1050.

(I run MFS2020 on it with decent fps, 35-40+)

As far as PC, not really that well-versed in good brands, etc.

1 Like

All I’m gonna say, is you don’t have to spend $1,200 for a decent PC. Mine was $750 (after a $100 sale) and I can tun XP11 at like 40fps. There’s a couple things that I want to improve (I’ve only got 8gb of RAM), bit it works just as well as a super expensive one.

1 Like

Mine is worth $1800 yet I got it off some gaming cafe that ran out of business a week later for $350

2 Likes

And, I don’t think that’s quite true, I mean the Lynx I recommended can run high - ultra settings at 30fps lol

2 Likes

Dang. That’s a pretty good deal. Even if it needed some maintenance and such, $350 is s really good deal.

2 Likes

I run upper-middle for graphics quality settings. Yes, you’ll struggle on max settings, but in XP11, you don’t really notice any difference past the 2nd or 3rd setting.

2 Likes

I’ve only had a broken circuit breaker once a few years ago and got a free extra TB of storage out of the repair place i got it fixed at.

But it took some convincing to get my dad to think $350 was cheap for a PC, after he got invested into e-racing, he changed his mind and runs a 3070 now :skull:

2 Likes

For one, look into a PC for X-Plane since MSFS at Ultra settings runs better than X-Plane at moderate settings, at least 16gb ram, a 1660Ti or Super and better for the graphics card, and Ryzen 5+ for the CPU. You’ll want either a 512gb or 1tb ssd and eventually a hard drive or external hard drive (I got this great 5tb external hd for a low price here)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.