EMPIRES

Oh, that makes more sense.

1 Like

@ThatOne9WPlen I know I said that we replaced the ATR-42s with DH8Cs, which we did, but how profitable for you think an ATR combi would be if we based them at ANC to fly to the more remote places?

1 Like

We already replaced those with our 737-200s which are much better for the area

1 Like

Never knew that you were in Alaska. What routes do you guys fly?

1 Like

competition to nolinor
our 737-200s are exclusively for that area

we are there on almost every route nolinor flies lol

That’s Canada my guy. I’m guessing you just mean the Arctic in general though.

1 Like

Yes

Well yes
We fly to LAX, SFO, EWR and some cargo flights to east asia and India
Within Alaska, ehhh

not much

yes

we even there in russian part of the arctic

Anyway @KGJT-9149 how does the railway system in USA work?

1 Like

i want to try my luck on us rail

This is pretty much all we’ve got.

If you want to take a shot at it, go ahead, but trains aren’t really popular here. Cities are too far apart for train service to be a reasonable form of transit. They’re usually used as a tourist experience to see the landscape.

1 Like

will hsr work there?

Tf that? High speed rail?

1 Like

yes this

updated it

For short routes between cities, sure. We’ve got the Acela Express between Boston and D.C. A long range high speed train isn’t really viable though. There wouldn’t be enough demand to break even on the infrastructure you’d need for something like that.

Plus, if you we’re to do trans-con routes, you’d have to go through the Rockies and Sierras, and you won’t be going much faster than like 40mph through those.

1 Like

oh
thanks

1 Like

To put that into context, I can drive from Grand Junction to Denver in about 4.5hrs. On the train, it takes almost 8hrs.

1 Like

oh

how fast do they go?

1 Like

That varies. From the station until the Dubuque canyon, you’ll probably be doing 65mph. In the canyon, you’re 50 tops. Once you get out of the canyon, you’ll do about 80mph until you hit Glenwood. After that, you won’t exceed 60, and that drops to probably 40 or 45 in the mountains.

1 Like