Happy 21st Birthday JetBlue

Credit: JetBlue Twitter

After 21 years of operation, today is jetBlue’s 21st birthday. Having their first sleeping launched on February 11, 2000. JetBlue has grown a lot along the way. From being loaned a couple slots at New York JFK Airport and launching flights to Fort Lauderdale to provide quick, easy, roomie, and luxurious travel from the Northeast to Florida. Now, jetBlue has grown to be much bigger than that with hubs now in Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, New York, Boston, Orlando, San Juan, and much more focused cities. Today, let’s take some time to reflect back on the past 21 years of jetBlue.

They were founded in 1998 by David Neeleman. He is Brazilian and after getting fired from jetBlue in 2007, went on to create the airline Azul from Brazil. In 2021, he is to launch breeze, and airline focused out of Salt Lake City.

Today the airline also took the opportunity to launch flights out of two new cities both in Florida. The long-awaited Miami launch starting today with the flights to Los Angeles, flights to New York Kennedy, Boston as well as Newark will begin soon. They also launched service to Key West, Florida. They serve that now from New York and Boston.

Below are some pictures showcasing the 21 years of jetBlue and their first ever flight.

The airline today has a much more modern taste. With larger touchscreen in-flight entertainment screens, free snacks, free Wi-Fi, as well as the most legroom in economy out of every US airline. JetBlue really has evolved to become something extremely special.

I am excited for the future of the airline and today is the day to wish them an extremely happy birthday and technically, they are now old enough to drink in the United States. So, cheers :clinking_glasses:!

Credit: JetBlue

5 Likes

Wow, 21 years! Congrats JetBlue for making it here, can’t wait to see what the future holds for them, all I know is that it will be filled with Excitmint along with Sunshine and Blue skies!

Happy B-Day Jetblue!

Your exiistence is appreciated

Very much so

Happy birthday jet blue.

You will always be that one Airline i never see

Oh wow

Happy birthday JB

Ur brazilian brother is 13

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.