Gemini Jets' ATR-72

Hello!

I was wondering, is the Gemini Jets ATR-72s worth it? They’re $36 and seem very fragile, like taking it out of the box would break a landing gear. However, the details look immaculate and I love ATRs. For those who have one, is it worth it?

Thanks.

If you have a safe place to keep them and are very gentle, you’ll be okay. I’ve got plenty of Gemini Jets models and have never had an issue!

1 Like

I’ve never known about Gemini jets. I’ve got two of their models and they look fine and nothing is broken. I know they do have reoccurring issues with other models just come fall out broken so I don’t know without that.

1 Like

I once got a Q400 come in broken, so that’s concerning.

First off by let me saying nearly all regional aircraft (mainly prop aircraft) are ridiculously priced. When as you said an ATR is $36, an A380 costs $64, realize the size difference and then, the price difference. The smaller you get, the more unreasonable the price seems. Just something to take into account. But you seem to like the ATR, and if you can find one for a reasonable price you should be good. Anyway, as you said the ATR model seems fragile, which it indeed is. Mainly, as it is a small aircraft and everything is to scale the pieces connecting are thin and not that strong, especially when you compare this to other larger aircraft models such as the 747 and 777. Another thing to remember thing is that this is a model aircraft, so it is not built to be tugged on and all of that other stuff. It’s meant to be a model. You’re main concern needs to be when it first comes in, you’re best bet is to buy it directly from the GJ website, as people on eBay and other retailers similar will not do returns and stuff which will leave you with a broken model. My suggestion to you Nugget would be to find it from a trusted retailer who does returns. After it arrives and the model seems good, use it lightly (find a place in the model airport it can stay for a while) this should give you what you are looking for and the best results! Hope this helped!

1 Like

Treating my tiny turboprops as if they were my king seems like the right thing to do.

1 Like

I have a bone to pick with some of my other aircraft. For example, I moved my Delta B772 and a tire came off. Meanwhile, my mom pushes my Saab 340 off a table and it survived unscathed. Nevertheless, I don’t let my parents touch my smaller planes anymore.

2 Likes

My Saab 340 is a trooper.

2 Likes

I don’t have any Gemini jets, so idk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.